Mesothelioma Law Firm Lawyers: Mesothelioma Lawyers specialize in mesothelioma bring legal actions on behalf of asbestos exposure victims. Through settlements and jury verdicts, these specialized businesses assist mesothelioma sufferers and their families in obtaining financial compensation. The success rates of top mesothelioma law firms in winning mesothelioma claims and obtaining compensation for their clients are very high.
What Is a Mesothelioma Law Firm?
A mesothelioma law firm helps victims and their loved ones determine whether they can file a lawsuit against the manufacturers of asbestos-containing products.
These manufacturers knew that asbestos could cause workers (and the general public) to get sick, but they hid the truth for decades in order to make a profit. Mesothelioma law firms work to bring these manufacturers to justice and retrieve compensation for victims.
Anyone diagnosed with mesothelioma should reach out to a law firm as soon as possible. There is limited time to take legal action, and mesothelioma law firms may be able to file a claim on your behalf before time runs out.
We can connect you to top mesothelioma law firms that have helped other families take legal action quickly. Reach out now to get your case reviewed for free.
What Does a Mesothelioma Law Firm Offer?
Mesothelioma law firms handle most of the work involved with filing an asbestos lawsuit so victims can focus on their health and spending time with their families. Below, learn more about how a mesothelioma law firm may be able to help you.
Dedicated Legal Team
Mesothelioma law firms do not solely rely on lawyers to handle mesothelioma claims. An entire team of medical and legal professionals will be assigned to work on your case.
These legal teams consist of:
- Medical experts
- Support staff
Each team member has specific knowledge that can help strengthen your case. The team will begin by gathering details about your asbestos exposure and mesothelioma diagnosis. It will then determine if the law firm can help you file a claim.
Further, the team will guide you on which documents must be signed so your asbestos claim can be processed.
Knowledge of How to Build a Strong Case
If the mesothelioma law firm determines you have a case, your legal team will gather supporting evidence for a claim.
During this phase, the team will identify:
- Medical records that confirm your mesothelioma diagnosis
- If you worked on a jobsite that exposed other victims to asbestos
- What asbestos-containing products (and manufacturers) may have caused your illness
- Any coworkers, family members, or friends who can testify about your exposure
Resources to File a Claim on Your Behalf
Once the mesothelioma firm’s legal team has gathered all the information they need, they will file your claim.
The team will determine which manufacturers may have caused your illness and determine the appropriate legal action.
Mesothelioma claims typically fall into one of the following categories:
- If the company is still in business, an asbestos lawsuit may be filed against it.
- If the company has filed for bankruptcy, it cannot be sued, but it may have an active asbestos trust fund set up to compensate victims.
Claims are often filed against multiple manufacturers depending on how the victim was exposed to asbestos. Often, victims worked with or around many asbestos-based products made by several different manufacturers.
Ability to Secure Compensation for You
Once a claim has been filed, the mesothelioma law firm will work on your behalf to secure financial compensation for your wrongful asbestos exposure.
Mesothelioma compensation is typically secured by reaching settlements with the manufacturers that are still in business or by filing successful asbestos trust fund claims.
Compensation can help pay for:
- Counseling and support services
- Funeral and burial costs
- Living expenses
- Lost wages
- Medical bills
- Physical therapy
- Travel expenses associated with treatment
Mesothelioma compensation is not strictly limited to medical costs and can be used for anything once you receive it. You could get financial assistance within a matter of months, depending on what manufacturers or trust funds are named in your claim.
What Should I Look for in a Mesothelioma Law Firm?
The best mesothelioma law firms always put the needs of victims first. With that in mind, here are the top 5 qualities to keep in mind when researching mesothelioma law firms.
Free Case Review & No Upfront Fees
Every attorney-client relationship should begin with a free case review. This consultation will help victims learn about the mesothelioma law firm and the experience of its team members.
Victims and their families should not have to pay anything up front if they decide to work with the law firm after this conversation. Mesothelioma law firms work on a contingency fee basis, meaning they only get paid if they secure compensation for victims.
Thorough Understanding of Mesothelioma
A top mesothelioma law firm will have access to the latest information from medical experts who work directly with patients.
The medical experts who work with mesothelioma firms understand:
- Mesothelioma signs and symptoms
- Each stage of the disease
- Expected outcomes of a diagnosis
- Treatment options
- Each stage of the disease
- Clinical trials testing new ways to diagnose and treat this cancer
These medical experts will be assigned to work on a mesothelioma victim’s case as part of their dedicated legal team.
Asbestos Industry Knowledge
Mesothelioma law firms should have in-depth information about asbestos companies that can be used to build strong cases for victims of wrongful exposure.
This asbestos industry knowledge should include:
- What companies produced asbestos-containing products
- When the products were used
- What sites carried a high risk of asbestos exposure
- Which companies have established asbestos trust funds
The best mesothelioma law firms have databases worth of information, including what asbestos-containing products each manufacturer made and which manufacturers are still in business
Nationwide Network of Mesothelioma Lawyers
Mesothelioma law firms work with skilled lawyers who know how to best handle asbestos lawsuits. Top mesothelioma lawyers have years of experience representing victims of wrongful asbestos exposure.
Mesothelioma lawyers have:
- Dedication and passion for helping those affected by mesothelioma
- Access to a comprehensive database of evidence, asbestos products, and locations
- Broad knowledge of asbestos litigation, high-risk occupations, and jurisdiction rules
Victims and their family members should find a national law firm that has mesothelioma attorneys on staff. General personal injury lawyers that work at local law firms may not be able to file a claim in the jurisdiction that offers the best chance of receiving maximum compensation.
Success in Securing Top Settlements & Verdicts
Successful mesothelioma law firms have helped thousands of victims obtain mesothelioma settlements or verdicts. The law firm a victim works with should have a proven track record of helping other victims receive compensation.
Most lawsuits will be settled out of court, and victims can expect to receive between $1 million and $1.4 million on average from mesothelioma settlements. Some cases may award more or less than this.
In rare cases, a lawsuit may go to trial if a settlement can’t be reached.
Asbestos lawsuit trial verdicts typically award between $5 million and $11.4 million on average, but there is no guarantee that victims and their loved ones will receive compensation
Featured Mesothelioma Law Firm: Simmons Hanly Conroy
Mesothelioma Hope is proud to partner with one of the nation’s leading mesothelioma law firms. Simmons Hanly Conroy is dedicated to helping victims and their loved ones achieve justice against negligent asbestos companies.
Since 1999, the lawyers at Simmons Hanly Conroy have recovered over $8 billion in verdicts and settlements for thousands of clients impacted by mesothelioma and other asbestos-related diseases.
What Can I Expect If I File a Mesothelioma Lawsuit?
Each case is unique, but most mesothelioma lawsuits follow the same standard process. It’s important to work with a firm that has experience handling asbestos cases to ensure your claim is filed correctly.
The steps for filing a mesothelioma lawsuit are as follows:
- Hire a Mesothelioma Law Firm: Connect with a mesothelioma firm to find out if you have an asbestos case and which legal option(s) you have to seek compensation.
- Gather Evidence: In this phase, the firm will outline the facts and collect documentation that supports your claim. This might include medical records, work history, military service documents, and a list of asbestos-containing products you were exposed to along with their manufacturers.
- File a Mesothelioma Claim: Your mesothelioma law firm will submit a claim for compensation on your behalf. Your legal team will determine the best court system to file your lawsuit in, since some jurisdictions may be more favorable than others.
- Receive Compensation: For lawsuits that reach a settlement, you’ll receive compensation outside of court. If your lawsuit goes to court, a judge or jury may award you compensation through a trial verdict.
Remember, a reputable mesothelioma law firm will handle every step of this legal process at no out-of-pocket cost to you.
Connect With a Mesothelioma Law Firm Today
Mesothelioma law firms play a critical role in securing compensation for victims and families who were never warned about the deadly risks of asbestos exposure.
By working with a top mesothelioma law firm, you also may be able to hold the companies that harmed you financially responsible.